1.4 Collection of information
Fenda collects personal information about you through your use of the Services and the Website. Personal information may include (but is not limited to) your contact and identification information (such as name, address, email address, telephone number, bank account number and drivers licence number).
1.5 Use and disclosure of personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information where reasonably necessary for providing our Services and for any necessary related purposes. Fenda may:
- use this personal information to help us provide the Services to you, to verify your identity, to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Fenda, our users, or others, for internal research purposes, for promoting and marketing other Fenda Services to you, and for any other use that you authorise;
disclose account and other personal information when we believe disclosure is appropriate for legal compliance and law enforcement, such as:
- to government agencies with statutory law enforcement responsibilities;
- to facilitate court proceedings;
- to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions; or
- to otherwise protect the rights of Fenda or our users; and
disclose personal information to third parties where Fenda contracts with a third party partner to:
- undertake services as part of or ancillary to the provision of our Services; or
- assist in providing users access to products or services (such as insurance or finance products or services) provided by third parties.
Third party partners are legally required to keep your information private and secure under the law. Further details of our third party partners can be found on their respective websites.
1.6 Use of a third party’s personal information
In using our Website and Services there may be occasions where you disclose to us personal information about third parties. You represent and warrant that you will only disclose a third party’s information to us if that third party has expressly authorised you to do so and has consented to that disclosure and to receiving communications from Fenda regarding the Services.
Fenda may send users emails and other forms of marketing or communication as part of the provision of its Services. It is our policy to promptly remove any user from any ongoing communications upon the user’s request. Any correspondence will contain clear and obvious instructions for how the user can unsubscribe and there is no penalty for opting out.
1.8 Access and correction to your personal information
We take reasonable steps in the circumstances to ensure that personal information we hold is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading. You have a right to access and seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by us, subject to some exceptions in the Privacy Act 1993. If at any time you would like to access or amend your personal information, please contact us at the address specified below.
1.9 Control and responsibility
You are responsible for all actions taken with your user name, email address and password. You are also responsible for ensuring that any personal information you provide to us is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading.
1.10 Security of your personal information
We may hold your personal information in physical or electronic form on our systems or the systems of our service providers. We take reasonable steps in the circumstances to ensure personal information is protected from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised access. We will destroy or de-identify personal information unless we are otherwise required by law to retain the information.
1.11 Cookies and local storage
- Fenda uses various technologies, including cookies and local storage, to collect and store information about you when you visit Fenda.
1.12 Third party links
Fenda has no control of either the content or privacy policies of any third party sites that may be advertised or hyperlinked on the Website or its processes and Fenda does not endorse use of those sites.
1.13 Privacy Act 1993
Fenda complies with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1993. Should you feel that Fenda has breached your rights under this Act, please contact us using our details below.